Did you know October is Menopause Awareness Month? The theme for 2023 is cardiovascular disease ♥️
The aim is to raise awareness of the Menopause and the support options available for improving health and wellbeing.
Yoga’s clearest benefits to the heart is its ability to relax the body and mind.
Emotional stress can trigger a cascade of physical effects, including the release of hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. Not only does this exacerbate all Menopausal symptoms but it also increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Yoga provides so many benefits:
• Mind/body awareness. Learning how to listen to you body AND then really 'hear' and act in it's best interest.
• Improved resilience. Our ability to remain calm in times of stress.
• Become stronger. More dynamic forms of yoga will improve overall fitness and all forms of yoga improve muscle strength, flexibility, and balance. These features, which are often overlooked in other forms of exercise and are vital for overall physical fitness and well-being.
• Feel happier. With regular practice Yoga can transform our outlook to an even greater degree. It can give us a different perspective on meaning, purpose and our goals. Becoming less materialistic and more charitable, with a more positive out look on life.
• Community. Being in the company of other people, listening to each other and sharing our experiences helping us to feel less alone.
We are incredibly fortunate to have Jo who specialises in Menopause Yoga, holding weekly sessions in the beautiful upstairs studio every Wednesday 7.45-9pm.
You don't have to be in any specific stage of menopause to benefit from these classes. All women and all levels of fitness are welcome including beginners ☀️
Please contact Jo to book @yogajo1